There’s never been anything quite like a Knabe piano. Handmade and created in the finest tradition of over 300 years of piano crafting, these limited production pianos have their own distinct look, feel and personality. When you play a Knabe, you will sense the difference between the ordinary and the extraordinary.
- Height: 103cm (3′ 4 1/2″)
- Width: 155cm (5′ 1″)
- Length: 228cm (7′ 5 3/4″)
- Weight: 415kg (915lbs.)
- Soundboard: Asymmetrically tapered and contoured solid spruce soundboard made of select white spruce
- Frame: Maple and oak rim with spruce beams, tenon joined to the rim with hardwood dowels
- Bridges: Select hard rock maple with a maple cap, shaped and notched using today’s most sophisticated CNC machinery
- Ribs: Full length, pre-crowned solid spruce ribs, notched into the inner rim
- Plate: Pure iron ore made in the traditional method of slow sand casting.
- Scale: Original low-tension Baltimore scale design with added duplex
- Action: All Renner action made of European hornbeam.
- Keys: Premium spruce keys, individually balanced and weighted
- Hammers: Premium German hammers, t-wired and individually voiced
- Tuning Pins: German tuning pins made of rod steel
- Strings: Music wire made in Germany
- Pin block: 16 ply, cross grained laminated hard rock maple
Slow close fallboard
Hand rubbed lacquer finish
Maple legs with iron interlocks
Forged brass pedals
Solid brass hardware
Large solid brass castors